Thursday, April 1, 2010

FAQ

There are questions that are asked AND questions that should be asked by the caregiver for someone with Alzheimer's or a related memory disorder. Here they are.

FAQ:

1. She accuses me of things I didn’t do; how should I respond?
2. Does every Alzheimer patient get violent?
3. How will I know when to look for a nursing home?
4. Can Alzheimer’s be prevented and how?
5. Can a person catch Alzheimer’s? I don’t remember things lately.
6. How long does this disease last?
7. Should I take fish oil? Does diet matter?
Questions that should be asked---
1. Is getting a diagnosis by a neurologist necessary?
2. What is he experiencing; can I understand it?
3. What do I need to know as a caregiver for someone with Alzheimers?
4. Is there any other treatment besides medicine?
5. What happens at a diagnostic workup?
6. What are the resources I should know about in my area?
7. Should I go to a support group? Why? Do they really help?

What are your questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment