Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year 2011

I am not a New Year resolution type at all. However, I'm recommending you all make this a year of educating yourselves about Alzheimer care. I am going to continue in my search for the best information to train caregivers with. New trends, new learnings are on the rise, making care for the person STILL HERE to thrive. Many persons with Alzheimer's rate their quality of life much higher than their caregivers give for a rating. That's because the caregiver is blindsided by the losses and personalizes it. 'What would I feel if I couldn't do that any longer?' they ask themselves. The person with Alzheimer's may not even be aware of much of his losses. I think the best thing they do is live in the present, so if the caregiver can learn how to make each 'present'meaningful and anxiety free, the person is happier. So will you be. So Happy New Year to learning! I'll share some of my learnings with you blogspot.com readers. Thanks for coming onboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment