Friday, January 3, 2014

What do you want to ask?

I guess it is the request that most columnists and bloggers want to ask; what do you want to know.
I've been writing a column for more than eight years and blogging for some 3 or 4 as well. I recently wrote a column on healing relationships through the journey of Alzheimer caregiving. I added, "I'm running out of things to write about." It really isn't that that is the problem; I just don't know what people already know and what they'd like to know. After years of writing (2 books and numerous articles) and giving talks around New England, I feel like everyone knows what I know and talk about.
However, I'm consistently asked the same questions. What is the difference between dementia and Alzheimer's? Why does my family member repeat himself so often? Why does she get angry when I say, 'you've already told me that.' ? So, I guess there is more or perhaps more of the same to write about. My books Matters of the Mind and the Heart; Meeting the challenges of Alzheimer Care, and New Trends in Alzheimer Care; Finding the spirit within (both available on Amazon.com) give a lot of answers in a simple format. However, I'd love to hear from you blogger readers and get some material for my 2 blogs (this one and the one on our website www.Stilmee.com. Check it out too.
Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment