Thursday, May 20, 2010

My radio Spotlight

I'm going to do my 4th Alzheimer Spotlight on WATD with Greg Porell this weekend. After being tested at BU Alzheimer's Disease Research Center a few weeks ago as part of the HOPE study, I began to think of the complexity of memory. I will talk about that this week on radio and expand on it in my column for the South Shore Senior News. Memory is so complex; the more I think about its impact on everyday functioning, the more sensitive I am to what the person with memory loss must feel. One must remember how to do things, what they did yesterday, last week, an hour ago. Memory involves holding on to information and manipulating it to be useful to you. Very complicated indeed. I'm anxious to write about it this coming month. Go to Google and find South Shore Senior News and read some of my previous columns. I can't believe I've been writing it for 4+ years! Love to write!
Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment