Friday, January 9, 2009

This morning I attended a talk by Bob Stern, MD of the BU Alzheimer Research Center in Boston. There are so many neat research programs you can be involved in. They are numerous in number and different focuses as well. Some are for the person with Alzheimer's, some for the caregiver and some for healthy individuals.
Being involved in research is a way to 'take back the reins' from the disease. It is a way of giving to our future generation. The HOPE study evaluates memory and thinking abilities of older adults throughout their lives. I'm going to be in this study to identify risk factors and be eligible for other studies. To learn more email Stephanie Sikora or email her at sasikora@bu.edu. You can also learn more about all the studies @ www.bu.edu/alzresearch
Be a research participant. As I get more involved, I'll post my experiences for you to read about.
Coach Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment